Dior and flowers

Leave a Comment
Christian Dior- "After women, flowers are the most divine creations"
Flowers have always been at the heart of Dior. They are ascetically pleasing, symbolic and they embody the elegance and femininity that Dior portrays.
I think that nature would be a good theme to focus on, looking at gardens and flowers, particularly lily of the valley, which is the main note of the Diorissimo perfume. This reminisces the passion Christian Dior had for horticulture and his love for that particular flower. Dior is a brand which always pays homage to its history and legacy, but at the same time keeping it innovative and modern, which is what I hope to achieve.  
With lily of the valley being a flower associated with may day, every 1st of may there could be a themed event or pop up promoting Diorissimo to celebrate may day.

As lily of the valley is a woodland flower I think that a forest or the woods would be a good setting for the campaign/film. This would keep in touch with the macro trend neo-tolkienism on LSN global. This trend has developed through peoples love of fantasy and fairytales, it is no longer something which is associated with geeks and nerds as the genre has taken hold of imaginations all over the world. The obsession has grown thanks to TV shows and films such as Game of thrones, Lord of the rings, Harry Potter and the hunger games etc. Events such as comic-con have grown and also cosplay. 
However, neo-tolkienism is a trend which embodies darkness and I still want to push the idea of Diorissimo being a spring scent, so I want to capture spring time in the woods, with the sun shining through the trees, but the shadows add a darker element to it.    

‘We are living in a science fiction world now, seeing new technology around us all the time,’ says Mark Chadbourn, fantasy author and BBC scriptwriter. ‘This has changed the way people think about the world and opened them up to fantastical storytelling because at the moment, we cannot tell what is real and what is not.’ 


The Dolce&gabbana autumn winter 2014 ad clearly shows the medieval/fantasy/fairytale like theme which neo-tolkienism illustrates. We can see this through the embellished chain mail like  garments, crowns and the sense of medieval kings and queens. Also the setting plays a big part in creating a quite a dark fantasy like atmosphere.


Here I was just playing around with the silhouette of the bottle, overlaying the template with images of nature. I found that they are simple but effective and I could develop this on into a touch point. For example there could be life-size silhouettes of the bottle planted around fashion areas which people could get there photo taken in. Through social media platforms people can share the image and include hashtags such as #Diorissimo. 



The use of the silhouette could also be used as the tester cards that are used to try the perfume which are featured in magazines and shops.
for example:


As we have to create a 20 second film for the project, I decided to try out some filming. I know that I want to shoot in the woods and so I wanted to collect some footage being in the woods. In my actual film I will obviously feature a model in it. Also I will bring a tripod with me next time as the footage is quite shaky. 


(change quality to 1080p)

                                       

I also took some shots whilst I was there...







As lily of the Valley is one of the main notes I know I want to feature it in my campaigns and so I gathered some up which I could use. Unfortunately because it is not spring it is hard to find real lily of the valley and so alternatively I have got some realistic fake lily of the valley which I have photographed below.




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig