Touch Points-Dior campaign

Leave a Comment
Continuing to look at Dior touch points I decided to look over a few of their past campaigns both (perfume and womenswear campaigns) as I plan to create the Diorissimo campaign for one of my touch points. It is important for my campaign to depict the kind of woman I aiming towards while also maintaing the essence of the brand. 

I chose to point out these two campaigns as I feel like they are very different in the type of woman they capture.  


Midnight Poison
-From the campaign it is clear that it is going to be a strong scent, with the dramatic pose, heavy make-up, and extravagant clothing, not to mention the name of the scent as well. Poison- under a spell
-It is for mature, confident, independent women.
- She is powerful, staring the viewer right in the eye, with exaggerated blue eyes.
-Mysterious, quite magical, more of an evening scent.


Miss Dior
-In contrast to Midnight Poison, the colours used are light and very girly, producing a more innocent look to the campaign.
- Although it has an innocent look, the model has quite a cheeky, mischievous expression on her face.
- Likes to have fun, active young girl riding a bike around Paris.
 -Very feminine with the vibrant pink clothing, elegant gloves, gift boxes on the bike suggesting she has been shopping.
-A very chic Parisian feel with the beret and also the background.
 -The pale pink ribbon typography contributes to the girly feel.
- Silver lettering of Dior in top right corner. Silver- more young and fresh


I really liked this campaign featuring Marion Cotillard shot by Jean-Baptiste Monodino. It has a dark feel it to it, with the shades of colour used, the shadows in the background and also the choice of clothing. Cotillard looks sultry with a dark red pout and smokey eye make-up, which contrasts to the bright colours of the bag. Although a simple set up, it is effective and bold with the tinted lighting.




In relation to my ideas, I found that this campign could be of an inspiration to me- the idea of being in the woods. 



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig